Are you Looking for a guide to reset your Fitbit device?
Then, you are in the right place. This article is all about the guidance to reset; (soft reset, reset, or factory reset) your Fitbit Versa 2, Versa Lite Edition, Versa devices.
Fitbit as a fitness tracker plays an important part in our physical health life. It makes it easy to track, record, and work on our daily progress or losses in our physical health. It works very reliably most useful of the time, but sometimes it may also have issues and problems while functioning. If your Fitbit is failing to track, respond to your commands, or you want to gift or sell the old one, it’s best to reset it and make it back to default; whether you have a Fitbit Versa2, Versa Lite Edition, Versa. We will explain to you exactly how to give reset to your Fitbit Versa 2, Fitbit Versa Lite Edition, Fitbit Versa details. The proper guide to reset your Fitbit Device is given further down on the page.
There are generally two (2) options to reset your Fitbit device. They are:
- Soft Reset
- Hard Reset
A soft reset is resetting your Fitbit device that gives a normal reboot to your device. Your data, grades, and a card will be safe even after a soft reset, as it will erase only the temporary data stored in RAM.
A soft reset is preferable, especially when your device is not syncing properly and having minor issues to track.
We perform the soft reset using the software or by instructing the device by using its App (via. Setting App).
Hard Reset means giving a factory reset to your device that will make your device set to default as of new one. Your information was wiped off permanently, even the card that you have added to the wallet.
We can perform the hard reset in 2 ways.
By using hardware buttons on the Fitbit Device
This type of factory reset is preferable when your device does not allow you to go to Setting App or work on the Setting App. It is a good option for those who are using secondhand Fitbit devices.
By using software (via. Through Setting App)
This type of factory reset is more effective and preferable as it uses the software to have a reset in itself by taking instruction.
We refer you to use factory reset through Setting App as it a secure and easy way and the best option for factory reset. Choose hard reset using hardware buttons only when your device is not responding to your instruction given in the Setting menu.
How Can You Reset Your Fitbit Versa 2?
Resetting your Fitbit device is the best option sometimes as it resolves the tracking problems, clearing up the old data, and many more.
Here is the guidance to reset your Fitbit Versa 2:
Restart (Soft Reset) Your Fitbit Versa 2
Restarting your Fitbit device acts as a soft reset to your device. It is a simple way to give a soft reset (i.e.to, restart or reboot your Fitbit Versa 2.)
A soft reset is rebooting your device in a complete model. The soft reset only deletes your temporary data that are stored on the RAM of your Fitbit device.
Your Fitbit device will restart with a soft reset. Your Fitbit Versa 2 will have a reboot or a soft reset and start running again.
- Turn on your Fitbit Versa 2
- Swipe left on the screen and find the setting menu or sign.
- Tab the ‘Setting’ app and scroll down to About.
- Tab ‘About’ from setting.
- Scroll down until you see the ‘Shutdown’ option.
- Click on the ‘Shut down’ option.
Your device will shut down and have a soft reset.
Now, turn on your device by holding the button on your device. Your device successfully has a soft reset or restart by following these steps.
Reset Fitbit Versa 2 [Hard Reset]
Before resetting your device, get to know about the impacts of reset (hard reset) on your Fitbit devices. The hard reset will erase all your information and make your device back to factory default. Hard reset is the option of resetting your Fitbit device through the buttons on it.
- Press and hold the start button of your Fitbit Versa 2 for about 10seconds.
The start button of your Fitbit Versa 2 is on the left side of your device.
- The Fitbit logo will appear on your screen, and let go of the button.
- Release the button for 2seconds when the logo disappears from the screen.
- Keep holding the buttons until your device is turned off. Release the button once your device is turned off.
- Again, hold the button until you feel the second, longer vibration, which indicates your device is initiated to factory reset.
Your Fitbit device will restart.
Hard reset through hardware buttons is mainly preferred when your Fitbit device is not responding to soft reset and having problems in factory reset, and it is highly useful for secondhand users.
Factory Reset Your Fitbit Versa 2
Before resetting your device, get to know about the impacts of the factory reset of Fitbit devices. Your device will set back to default when you perform the factory restarts your device.
Check out the steps of the factory reset of Fitbit Versa 2.
Remember, this hard reset will wipe all your data from the device permanently.
- Turn on your Fitbit Versa 2 To turn on your device, hold the back button from the left side of your Fitbit device for a few seconds.
- Swipe left on the screen until you see the Setting menu or App.
- Tap the ‘setting’ menu.
- Scroll down until you see the About option and tap it.
- Inside the setting option, search for the About option by scrolling down. Click the ‘About’ option from the Setting.
- Again, scroll down and find the Factory Reset tab, click it.
You will be asked to confirm the reset or to cancel it once you tap on Factory Reset.
If you are ready for the factory, reset your Fitbit Versa 2, then tab the ‘confirm’ option on your screen.
The resetting process will start. You should wait until the Fitbit logo appears on your device screen.
Done!!! The factory reset is completed on your Fitbit Versa2.
How Can You Reset your Fitbit Versa Lite Edition?
It is simple to give a reset to your Fitbit Versa Lite Edition. Have a look at these steps to reset your Fitbit Versa Lite Edition:
Soft Reset on Fitbit Versa Lite Edition
Soft reset indicates the rebooting of your device on its own by permitting it.
- Turn on your Fitbit Versa Lite Edition.
- Swipe left on the screen and find the Setting app.
- Click the ‘Setting’ app, and scroll down to About.
- Tab ‘About.’
- Scroll down and find Shut’ Down option.’
- You will be asked to ‘Confirm’ or ‘Cancel.’ Click Confirm.
Turn on your device, and your device will have a soft reset.
This is a simple step to restart your Fitbit Versa Lite Edition.
Reset Your Fitbit Versa Lite Edition (hard reset)
Hard rest is one of the options for resetting your Fitbit Versa Lite Edition by using the buttons on the device. This leads to the resetting of your device physically by holding or pressing the button on the Fitbit device.
Look at these steps and follow accordingly:
- Press and hold the button for about 8-12seconds.
- The Fitbit logo will appear and then disappears.
- Release the buttons for about 2seconds once the logo disappears.
- Hold the start button again until you fill the two long vibrations. That indicates your device has a hard factory reset.
Remember, this reset will completely erase your data. So, if necessary, keep the backup of your data.
This reset is useful when your FITBIT device does not allows you to go to the setting app.
Factory Reset of Fitbit Versa Lite Edition
These are the steps to Factory Reset of Fitbit Versa Lite Edition by following the Setting menu.
- Turn on your Fitbit Versa Lite Edition.
- Swipe left and clicked the ‘Setting’ App.
- Find the ‘About’ option and tap it.
- Scroll down and find the Factory Reset option.
- Click the Factory Reset option.
- You will be asked to ‘Confirm’ or ‘Cancel’ the option. Confirm if you want a factory reset for your Fitbit Versa Lite Edition.
Reset Fitbit Versa
Simply reset your Fitbit Versa following the guides given below as per your need and wish.
How can you give a soft reset to your Fitbit Versa?
You need to give simple instructions to your Fitbit Versa to have a soft reset. Soft reset also means to give reboot or restart your device, which is fruitful for many minor issues.
Check out these steps to give a soft reset(reboot) to your Fitbit Versa:
- Turn on your Fitbit Versa.
- Swipe left and found the ‘Setting’ App.
- Open Setting, and scroll down to find the ‘About’ option.
- Tab About and find ‘Shut Down.’
- Click ‘Shut Down’ if you want to give a soft reset to your Fitbit Versa.
- You will be asked either to ‘Confirm’ or ‘Cancel’ the Shut Down option.
- Click ‘Confirm,’ and your device will have a soft reset.
- Power on your Fitbit Versa, and your device is ready to work after a soft reset(reboot).
Reset Your Fitbit Versa by using hardware buttons (hard reset)
By following these procedures, Fitbit Versa will have a factory reset. The hard reset for your device removes all the data from the device and sets it back to default.
Don’t forget to have a backup of your data if you don’t want to remove or lose your data, grades, and other info from your Fitbit Versa.
There are 3buttons in Fitbit Versa; using those hardware buttons, we can reset this device by following these steps.
- Press and hold all three buttons for about twelve(12) seconds.
- Then, after about eight seconds, 2-buttons hardware reboot triggers.
- You will see the Fitbit logo on screen for a few seconds, and then it disappears.
- Release the bottom right button.
- Hold the left and top right buttons continuously until you feel the strong vibration. The vibration indicates a factory reset is initiated in your Fitbit Device.
Note: Remember to release the right button in time if you fail to release it in time. Your Fitbit device will boot without having a factory reset. Also, the Fitbit logo on the screen reappears quickly. So, follow each step or procedure precisely.
Factory Reset Fitbit Versa in 6 Steps
You can give a factory reset to your device by giving simple instructions to your device in few steps.
- Turn on your Fitbit Versa.
- Swipe left and found the ‘Setting’ App.
- Click Setting, and scroll down to the ‘About’ option.
- Tab About and find the ‘Factory Reset option.
- Tap’ Factory Reset’.
- You will be asked to ‘Confirm’ or ‘Cancel’ the option. Click Confirm.
Following the above steps, your device will have a factory reset. This will make the software of the device back to default by erasing all your information.
Why do you need to reset your Fitbit Device? Why reset?
Resetting your Fitbit device neither compulsion nor choice. Rather it is the necessity of your device according to its functionality. If your device has a problem functioning and it’s slowing down its performance, then you need to reset your device as per the need. If your Fitbit device is functioning very well, then there is no need to reset it. Reset is regarded as the best option to be done when trouble arises in your Fitbit device. It can be good and so time the ultimate solution for syncing problems, tracking issues, hanging problems, etc. It is also the best option to reset your device back to default and make your device back to a new one. Your device will also have proper functioning after you reset your Fitbit.
Resetting can resolve your many problems in few seconds on your own, so resetting the Fitbit device is always a good idea. You can be benefited in many ways by solving issues on your tracker.
When To Reset Your Fitbit Device?
You must be clear, when and how to reset your device according to its version and necessity.
There is not a straight-to-the-line answer of when to restart the Fitbit device. It is your work to identify does your phone needs a reset or not. This can identify whether you have the following issues with your Fitbit device:
- If your Fitbit device won’t respond to the taps.
- If your Fitbit device does not respond to swipes and button press.
- If your tracker is having a problem tracking your data, steps, and other info.
- If your Fitbit device is malfunctioning or degrading its performance.
- If you want to clean or clear your data in the device for a new start.
- If you want to gift your old Fitbit device to your friends or family.
- If you want to sell your Fitbit device or send it back to the company.
- If you are having any other issues which affect your tracking activity.
- If you feel your Fitbit device isn’t working quite well.
- If you have a problem with pairing your device with other devices.
These are some of the reasons to be known to reset your Fitbit device.
Fitbit is a tracker that is worn on the wrist which tracks your physical activity on your demand and keeps and evaluates your grades. It is one of the most loved fitness brands. As it is a machine or technology, it may have some malfunctioning due to some issues and trouble sometimes. If you want to solve those problems on your own, reset your device with proper steps accordingly.
This article is related to the procedure to reset your Fitbit Versa, Fitbit Versa 2, Fitbit Lite Versa Edition. We hope this article satisfies your queries regarding resetting your Fitbit device.
If you have any question and confusion, fill free to comment it on our comment box. We will be glad to help you out anytime.