Both the Fitbit Versa and Versa 2 are modern fitness tracking focused smartwatches with almost identical design and becoming one of the popular smartwatches in the market with Its compelling features.
Moreover, Versa 2, has a few more new upgrade features such as longer battery life, AMOLED display, Alexa built-in, etc.
If you are confused about which one to buy or whether you should upgrade to versa2, then don’t worry! This article is for you. Below are the comparisons between the Fitbit watches that will help you in providing the information you need as well as help you to decide the suitable one for you.
Fitbit Versa vs Fitbit Versa 2
|Dimensions & Thickness||34.0 mm x 24.075 mm x 12 mm||39.8 mm x 39.8 mm x 12 mm|
|Design||‘Squircle’ and touchscreen, 3 buttons (for input)||‘Squircle’ and touchscreen,1 button(for input)|
|Battery life||Up to 4 days||Up to 6 days|
|Display size||1.34 inches (3.4 cm)||1.4 inches (3.56 cm)|
|Screen||LCD technology||AMOLED technology|
|Compatibility||With Apple iOS 11, Android OS 7.0, Windows 10 version 1607.0||With iPhone or iPad (iOS 11+) or Android phone (OS 7+)|
|Internal memory||2.5 GB||4 GB|
|Body||38 grams, aluminum||40 grams, aluminum|
|Wireless Connectivity||Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0, NFC||Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0, NFC|
|Waterproof||Up to 50 meters||Up to 50 meters|
|Amazon Alexa Built-in||No||Yes|
|Sensors||Light, accelerometer, gyroscope||3-axis accelerometer, altimeter, light, vibration motor, microphone, and SpO2 sensor|
|Music||Mp3, Spotify app but no offline playback support||Mp3, Spotify app but no offline playback support|
|GPS||No||Not built-in, but need an android phone to connect|
If you’d like to find out more about why the Versa 2 is a significant upgrade than the original versa, Read on the below (in-detail) differences of the watches from its setup to battery life as well as with their pros/cons, uses, and importance.
Even though they both look similar & comfortable, Versa 2 has a slightly larger screen with an angled edge, but more square-shaped. It looks and feels more polished when compared to the Fitbit versa.
There’s just one button on the left side of Versa 2 rather than a total of three-button setup of the original Versa. There’s also no Fitbit logo at the front of the versa 2.
On the backside of the Fitbit versa is the heart rate sensor and charging hub, while versa 2 have a neater merged sensor and four charging pins for the charging hub. Both versa and versa 2 comes with several colors to choose from as well as the watch straps that are also customizable with a variety of well suited colored bands or leathers.
Both devices instantly let you access and add apps to the watch for sports, weather, news, and more. When connected to an Android device, both give texts, calendar notifications and can send quick replies. However, versa 2 has a microphone function that converts your voice into commands as well as for replying texts. You can also track your workouts, sleep, and find moments of calm with personalized breathing sessions based on your heart rate, and both are water-resistance up to 50 meters.
The versa 2 have software like Fitbit pay, where one can purchase items right from the device without a phone or wallet. Moreover, it has an AMOLED screen for sharper black display, 5+ battery life on a single charge, Alexa built-in where one can control the device when connected to the android phone, etc.
Fitbit Versa: Specs
- 2.5 internal memory
- Color touchscreen smartwatch, compatible with iOS, Android Phone
- LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) screen
- Tracks calories intake burned, workouts, sleep quality, heart-rate, steps, etc
- 50 m water resistance
Fitbit Versa 2: Specs
- 5+ days battery life
- NFC(Near Field Communication)
- Alexa built-in, AMOLED display
- Syncs wirelessly to computers and 200+ leading IOS & Android devices using Bluetooth
- 4 GB memory
- Corning gorilla glass protection for the screen
Working Of Versa And Versa 2
Although both the versa and versa 2 have almost similar working mechanisms, the versa 2 (runs Fitbit OS 4.1.1) have a new built-in microphone chip (activates voice commands), and also powerful processors, making it a slightly better performer than the versa.
Usually, they both work by tapping/swiping on the screen or pressing the buttons. However, the only button on versa 2, one can activate Fitbit Pay, Alexa, music controls, notifications, or apps, whereas, for versa, three buttons activate those certain features (but no Alexa as it doesn’t have the function).
The price for the original versa is $179, and that of versa 2 is $199, in the international markets, which range between 134-150 in pounds. It may be pricey, but still worth buying. You can also check out different Fitbit sells online sites for the latest sales or discounts.
Uses Of Versa And Versa2
They are specially designed to track steps, exercise, heart rate, weight, and time. Due to its versatile design & smart tools, it is also used to respond to messages, answer phone calls, add apps, listen to music, and even get text alerts, notifications, weather reports, calendar, etc.
Charging Of Fitbit Smartwatches
It is easy to charge a Fitbit versa and versa2 as they have the same charging process. You need to follow the following Points:
- On the backside of the watches, four magnetic charging pins are the same as in the charging cradle. Before placing the versa, pinch the bottom of the cradle to open the edges a bit, which is for holding your device in place.
- Now, place the versa on the charging cradle. The charging pins should align with each other.
- Then, on the other end of the charging cradle, there is a USB type charging connection which you can plug into a USB port on your computer, a UL-certified USB wall charger, or another low-energy device. The connection is successful when you see the charging battery percentage on screen.
Why Fitbit Smartwatches?
It’s not like an ordinary watch we wear on our wrist, that is for only time-check. If you can do most of the things like tracking health, replying to texts in the watch itself, then it’s the best watch to choose as it is beneficial and making some of your work easier. Most importantly, helping you find your fit, and even help you in staying motivated.
Uses Of Certain Components On Fitbit Smartwatches
Body movements are measured by an accelerometer that takes the movement data and converts it into digital measurements on the watches as well as most Fitbit devices. Which is how Fitbit also measures the distances traveled, calories burned, and sleep quality.
For steps counts, Fitbit uses an algorithm to look for movements that show a person is walking. The Fitbit that counts floors, hiking & climbing-use an altimeter that identifies the altitudes, whereas for determining orientation or rotation, it uses a gyroscope.
Pros And Cons Of Fitbit Versa
- Stylish, comfortable, and easy to wear smartwatch
- Track & know your heart rate, sleep quality, calories burned, etc
- Get texts alerts, add apps and send replies(on android) even from the watch
- Affordable and convenient
- No internal GPS
- It takes time to get all settings sorted
- Limited sales
Pros And Cons Of Versa 2
- Solid battery life (5+ days) and refined
- Alexa built-in (can be controlled with microphone)
- AMOLED screen with always On-display
- Water-proof (up to 50 m)and sweat-proof
- Fitbit pay(purchase from the global market when connected to the android phone)
- Little expensive than original versa
- Need to carry a phone too if you want to connect with GPS
- Can’t download Spotify playlists for offline listening
- Lack of on-display customization
Pair Up Versa And Versa2 With Android Phone
Whether it’s the Versa or Versa 2, for the best experience, you need to connect it with an Android or iOS phone. To get started-
Step 1: Create A Fitbit Account.
To do so-
- Download the free Fitbit app from the App Store(for iPhones & iPad) or play store on android phones.
- After installing, open the app and provide your info asked on-screen. Your account will be made, which is also visible to all other Fitbit users.
Step 2: Connect Versa/Versa 2 With Fitbit Account.
- Firstly, open your Fitbit account and tap your profile picture (at the top-left of the app).
- Secondly, tap Set Up a Device, and then choose which versa you have
- Select set up. Continue to follow the on-screen instructions to connect Versa or versa 2 to your account.
Step 3: Connect To Wi-Fi For Updates(Optional).
During setup, you also need to connect the device to your Wi-Fi network. Versa uses Wi-Fi to more quickly download playlists and apps from the Fitbit App Gallery, and for its faster, more reliable latest updates. But before connecting, make sure you know the Wi-Fi password.
Setting Up Of Alexa In Versa 2
If you’re setting up a Versa 2, you’ll further go through a few pages to arrange the built-in Alexa functionality (You have to skip the pages if you are setting Fitbit versa). Continue with the on-screen instructions while logging into your Amazon account or creating one if necessary. During the process, you also go on a page that gives some info on your Versa’s different functions.
After reading, allowing, and setting up Fitbit Alexa’s abilities to access, you can use it by pressing and holding the side button until Alexa appears on the screen. To change the language, Alexa recognizes or disconnects your Amazon account, and you can tap the Amazon Alexa tile in the device settings page to adjust your settings.
Versa Or Versa2: Which Is better?
To sum up, Fitbit Versa 2 does look more appealing than Fitbit versa. It has a faster processor, a better display with Amazon’s Alexa into the mix, which is very useful for hands-free commands that is voice commands. Moreover, having 5+ days of battery life, one can wear it anywhere without having to worry about charging from time to time. Though the versa2 is a little pricier than the Fitbit versa, it sure is a phenomenal gadget and got better Fitbit stuff/upgrades. If none of that matters to you, and you want to spend as little as possible, then Fitbit versa is better as it has most of the same features as versa2.